Our English school in Manchester
- Stately Victorian language school with newly-renovated interior, bright and spacious classrooms, & on-site cafeteria
- Located in a lively student neighbourhood, right next to Platt Field’s Park
- Spacious courtyard overlooking the park grounds, a private garden, and summer BBQ patio
- 5-minute walk to student bars, shops and restaurants, or catch public transportation from right outside the school
- Organised excursions to the Lake District, Warwick Castle, Edinburgh
Choosing an English course in Manchester
Signing up for an English course in Manchester is more than just taking any kind of class. When you enrol in our English school, you're opting for an intense, full-immersion experience. Whether you take a short summer course or a longer business English programme, you'll be plunged deep into the English language like never before.
Every English course in Manchester we offer includes not only classes, but also accommodation, meals, and activities. That's because we believe that the best way to learn English is to dive all the way in. It can be hard to find time to step away from your work or your studies, but finding the time is essential if you really want to learn English.
So take a look at the English courses in Manchester and see if there's one that's a good fit for you. Most of our English courses are customisable and we'd be glad to speak with you about your personal goals and requirements so we can tailor your course to your needs.
Why learn English in Manchester with us?
You won't find many English courses in Manchester that will guarantee your progress in writing. We will. Come to your classes and do your homework and we promise you'll advance one EF level every 6 weeks you study with us in Manchester. How can we be so sure? We've been teaching people English for over 50 years. In an English class with our experienced teachers, unique teaching methods, and motivated classmates from all over the world, you're definitely going to learn to speak English.
English courses in Manchester
- Intensive English course
- General English course
- Basic English course (summer)
- IELTS preparation course
- Cambridge exam preparation course
- Business English course
- Gap year programme
Accommodation options in Manchester
Your English course in Manchester includes accommodation in a twin room with a carefully selected local host, half-board Monday to Friday, and all meals on weekends. You can also choose to stay in a student residence in Manchester with one year-round and one summer-only option:
- Hello Residence (single room supplement from £170/week, ensuite rooms, self-catering)
If you already have your own accommodation arrangements in Manchester, get in touch so we can give you a personalised price quote for your English course. Prices given below all include accommodation for the duration of your course.
*Some twin and multi rooms may have adult size bunk beds.
Events, activities & excursions
Your English course in Manchester includes access to a range of local activities and regional excursions, both day trips and overnight trips, organised by a dedicated activities coordinator in Manchester to encourage socialization outside of class. That's the best way to consolidate your English skills: practise, practise, practise! You can get an idea of what's going on in our Manchester language school this week by taking a look at the EF Manchester Facebook page .
- Local activities range from free - £20
- Day excursions range from £50-£70
- Evening events range from free - £25
- Overnight excursions range from £250-£350
English course prices in Manchester
It's not always straightforward to calculate an exact price for your English course in Manchester because there are so many options. Every course package can be tailored to your specific requirements. We'd be glad to put together a custom price quotation for you, no commitment required. Just get in touch.
Included in the price of every English course in Manchester
- 20, 26 or 32 English lessons of 40 minutes per week with the EF EF Method Learning System
- Twin room in a homestay
- Breakfast and dinner Monday-Friday and all meals on weekends with your host
- Digital learning media and online academic materials
- EF SET Placement Test and progress tracker
- EF Course Certificate and EF SET Certificate of Achievement
- Access to My EF from enrolment
- English post-course for up to 6 months (depending on course type)
- Free Wi-Fi Internet access at our language school in Manchester
- Free weekly activities and student clubs
Prices include accommodation.
|+ 1 * wks
Please note, prices shown above exclude enrolment fee and course material which students are required to have. Contact us to request a personalised quotation.
Accreditations / memberships
Additional travel, school and price information
Please refer to the Additional information page for further information regarding English course prices, travel and Manchester English school policies.